Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Emery Spartans

This past week was the 3A state championships for basketball. The boys team from Emery gave a good effort against number one ranked Bear River and was even tied with them with 45 seconds left in the game and then succumbed and lost by 6 points. The girls defeated their first two opponents and was playing in the championship game. My wife and I decided to go up and watch the game, which was on Saturday. Out of all the girls pictured here, I have coached 15 of them. I feel very grateful to be able to help these girls develop into the players they are now. So in the championship game they were leading most of the game, until about 4 minutes left in the game. The final buzzer rang and the Lady Spartans lost by 1 point, 32-31. It was sad to see. To be so close to a state championship and it within your grasp, only to not quite reach it. The seniors I feel the most for, but there were only 3 that played in the game. The rest will be back again next year and will probably have a great chance to achieve the pinnacle of 3A girls basketball in Utah.

1 comment:

sarefamily said...

I went private with my blog so please email me and I will invite you in!!! Love you all!!