Saturday, July 26, 2008

Helicopter Rides

So today's activities started of with 99 cent pancakes for breakfast. What a deal. After breakfast it was decided that we should go for a helicopter ride. My father-in-law really wanted to go, so me, my wife, and him did. It was about a 10 minute flight around keystone. Very awesome.

We got done with that and decided to go for a drive and went and saw the Crazy Horse Monument. It has been in process for 60 years already. It doesn't seem like they have done much when you look at it, but when you watch the little video that they show you, they have actually done quite a bit. My wife asked me when it's going to be done and I told her 200 years, however I don't know anything and they won't say. It just depends on how much money they have and stuff. It was cool and when if ever it gets done, it will be very cool. After that we got lunch and went for a drive through Custer State Park. That took pretty much the rest of the day. It was good. A buffalo came and licked our window and we saw other wildlife. The road leading out of the park back down to Keystone was pretty cool. We never really got any good pictures, but we will because we are going back up tomorrow. Well, that about does it for another day of vacation.

1 comment:

rosann said...

Wow - I don't think Crazy Horse looks any further along than it did when we went as kids!!! What color was the buffalo's tongue??!!