Tuesday, July 29, 2008

No Place Like Home

So after a week of touring the Black Hills of South Dakota, we have returned home. There is no place like it. It's so good to be able to sleep in your own bed, eat real food, and other such luxuries. Yesterday was spent mostly driving. We did go to Mt. Rushmore one more time. My wife wanted a family picture so we did that before really moving on. I think that we hit a decent time to travel because we are able to fill up on gas most of the time for under $4 a gallon. The cheapest that we got it was $3.75 in Cheyenne, WY. We arrived home and it was still about 50 cents more a gallon than that. Why are we so behind? Also on our way to Ft. Collins, where we spent Monday night, I discussed my conspiracy theory of the Hall of Records behind Mt. Rushmore. I think that it would be cool to be able to go up and see the hall, however, it is off limits to the public. I am wondering why? Why wouldn't it be open for people to see. Supposedly it is unfinished and some things have been placed there, but I think that it really did get finished and there are very important or mysterious things in there and that is truly why the public can't go and see it. I was very tempted to go off the path and hike up and see what is really there. Well, I guess I will never really know. Then today we drove the rest of the way home from Ft. Collins to Castle Dale. This was also quite uneventful, but very nice to be home. My wife made in time to take a 2 hour break before she had her graduate classes for five hours. Awesome.

1 comment:

Julie Toone said...

looks like a great trip...sure miss you guys!