Monday, November 17, 2008

BYU 10-1

Well, they beat Air Force. I thought that they might have a problem with that one, but they did okay. I didn't like some of the play calling, but it worked out in the end. BYU is now ranked 14 in the BCS poll. They still have an outside chance of getting into a BCS bowl. I doubt it though. They face the hated rivals Utah this Saturday. Now I think that they can beat Utah, but it is going to be another nail biter. It might be whoever has the ball last will win. If the beat Utah the will rise in the rankings, but it still probably won't be enough to get into a BCS bowl. That would just take a miracle. I don't think the BCS would take a non-BCS-conference school, with one loss, to a big bowl game. Instead they will take a team that has a lower ranking and match them against another team with a lower ranking, but both teams will be from BCS conferences, and therefore they are better. I normally don't like Utah, but I am thinking back in 2004 when the Utes played Pitt (who was ranked 22, I believe) and decimated them. I think Utah should have gotten a better team to play against that year and who knows what they could have done. Really, college football needs to go to a playoff and not just 8 teams. At least 16 and maybe 24. Now that would really give us a national champion.

No comments: