Thursday, November 20, 2008

Girls' Basketball

This week I held tryouts for the girls' basketball at the junior high. That just means that it is time for crazy. For my wife and I it just becomes a very busy time for us. This year is going to be even more crazy due to my wife's schedule. However, I am still excited for this season. Tryouts are always hard to do. There are plenty of girls that love to play basketball and some think they are really good. The thing is that there have to be cuts and in junior high, it can be the end of your life. As a coach it is hard to make cuts, but it has to be done. One thing that makes me laugh though is when the girl tells me that I am mean and that I don't know what I am doing. I tell them that they can call me mean all they want, but if they want to grow up and talk about why they didn't make the team, we can do that. I am just glad that tryouts are over and we can get down to playing basketball.

No comments: